Voice Mail .wav files uploads??

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lateralis_m, Oct 10, 2007.

1. lateralis_m

Does anyone know if it is possible to upload a .wav file as a voice mail for a Cisco 7960g phone? I see where you are able to load a file for music on hold and as a prompt for a digital receptionist, however if you transfer to voice mail from the digital receptionist, I do not see where you can load a pre-recorded voice mail greeting.

Please advise?

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Not 100% clear on what you want but I think you are asking how to make a voice mail greeting for each extension?

If that is what you want then just dial VM (999 or 9999 if you're using 4 digit). From there enter your mailbox # and password.
    Go through the menu to record your greeting. You can do this for each extension or just once and copy the same file to each extensions folder under IVR/Voicemail/Extensions. It will be called SavedGreeting.wav (or something close to that).

3. lateralis_m

Rob,

Thank you for your post....I probably wasn't clear, however, you did get me to the file I needed......I was looking for the SavedGreeting.wav. This was a huge help....

Thanks again....Norm

4. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

Just reminded that the wave file in PCM, 8 kHz, 16 bit, Mono format.