• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voice message on extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewseni

Reaction score
Using Grandstream Budget Tone 200 with 3CX. I have searched all the documentation and can see how to set up the auto attendant, but not how to set up the recording for my extension that says "I am curently away from my desk....please leave a message".

Any assistance gratefully received.

Destination unreachable/forwarding lets me forward to voice mail, but offers no clue as to how to create or change the voicemail message.

I am not clear as to what the 3cxvoipclient is.

I believe you just dial into your voicemail (EX: 999 to access vm, then enter your PIN), then press 9 for options. Finally in there press 8 to change your greeting message, and follow the instructions.

I tried dialling 999, but the system told me I was not able to call emergency services, (Obviously thought I was in the UK!) which would seem to indicate that the system can't differentiate between internal and external dialling.

I tried changing the extension number setting from 999 to 981, and now I get busy when I dial it. Again it seems to be looking for an external rather than internal number.

If you have a WAV file created (say from voice overs or a Text to speak engine), you can just place the WAV as 8khz 16bit PCM into the 3CX data/ivr folders directly.

So, for example, you can set up the mailbox greeting for extension 100 as the file:
Code:
3CX PhoneSystem\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Data\100\SaveVMGreeting.wav

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.