Voice or Text Recognition in 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jlabuelo, Dec 9, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlabuelo

Hi all

We are gonna have to improve our 3CX PBX as now we need to include a new feature to allow users to interact with our company out of office hours.

Pretty much the "answering system" of out of office hours would have to

a) Ask for a code to be typed or sayed to the customer

b) Recognize that code introduced (Typed or sayed) by the custmer and perform an SQL statement over a MySQL DB that returns 1 or 0.

c) If the statement returned is 1 it must execute a php script and explain to the customer that the operation has been done (with a voice message pre-recorded).
    d) If the SQL returns 0 just let the customer know (with a voice message pre-recorded) that the operation can not be done.

Is this possible with 3CX or any other extra pluggin ????

Thanks a lot for your advice in advance!!!

2. JonnyM

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

Still you need external code to do the job, VAD can only use it, but not to do the recognition job itself.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jlabuelo

Hi Eagle2 and Jonny

Thanks a lot for your reply!!, I have been taking a look to the VAD module but dont understand exactly what you mean by
    . Does this mean that I need to create a script to go to the DB and query for the values?. Taking a look to the points that I have introduced in my first post could you explain me which ones can be done with VAD which ones with the external code?, if for those that could not be done with VAD you could give me an orentation about how I can get this done I will really appreciate it!!

Thanks a lot again!

5. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

What you can theoretically do with VAD is to record a user response as audio file, send this file to external application (Java or C++), this application to recognize the text, if possible, and to return to VAD the result (as a file or other means). Than you can use this text, etc. Have in mind this is not easy to achieve and requires lots of competence.

I've seen some examples using external code like TTS system (text-to-speech), where VAD is extracting some data from a data-base (e.g. balance) and this data is read to the caller. Also not so simple to implement.

Have a look on the VAD manual and search the VAD forum for more info. Task like yours can be accomplished by external application only, the VAD will help you interfacing it with 3CX system only.

Note that VAD is capable of processing incoming calls only and current call in the end is either terminated or transferred to extension, ring group, call queue, etc. only. For more complex tasks you probably will need to develop your own CRM application handling calls directly (call control API).

BR

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jlabuelo

Great thanks a lot for the answer. Yes you are right what I need is a software to recognice the text introduced (set of numbers) perform the query in the DB and depending the result make 3CX to reply a voice message or another voice message.

I will take a look to the VAD forum, but if you know already a software I could use to integrate with 3CX I will really appreciate it!.

Cheers

7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

I used to have VAD and developed some applications like different office hours responses depending on user choice (digital receptionist) and few simpler. I'm afraid I can't help you too much, as this turns to be complex enough. May be you post an inqury into VAD forum, somebody could help or develop an application for you.

8. jlabuelo

Hi again

I have been reviewing the manual of the VAD application in 3CX and I found a sentence that explains exactly what I need

What I need is the 3CX system to ask for a code to the customer, read it from the phone keyboard, check it in the DB and route it to a voice message, or launch a script to udate de DB depending on the query result.

After reading the manual, I think it is possible simply using the VAD from 3CX, but would like to confirm it with you.

The link of the manual is http://www.3cx.com/manual/3CXVADManual12.pdf and it is in page 1, in the introduction.

Thanks once more!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.