Voice recording and times

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by haywardi, May 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haywardi

Hi,

I have a silly question (and I know it).

I have a routine that runs each night looking at each telephone call, looks at the time the call was received and then checks to see if a credit card was accessed during the call. If it was, it then deletes the file.... Helps with PCI-DSS compliance.

It's just been noticed that the routine isn't currently working. Looking at the code, I can see that it decodes the time stamp from the call recording and this is where the problem is now that we're on summertime (+1 GMT). The timestamp in the file name is still on GMT and hasn't adjusted to BST.

Is there a way to adjust the time in 3CX? The system time is correct..

Thanks in advance.
    Iain

2. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

The timestamp that the recording files have are in UTC, so I suppose you could check the time you want in your timezone, converted to UTC, against what the filename has in it.

3. haywardi

Hi,

I've had a couple of requests for more information on this.

Firstly, as you can see no-one has indicated if it's possible to change the 3cx time stamp on the recording file so I abandoned any attempt to use this.

In preference I switched to using the recordings 'fileinfo' from Windows which with hindsight I should have used in the first place. This info give me complete accuracy on date & time of the call as well as the duration so I can now be precise when searching to see if any payment card activity took place.

Had the revised version running for the last few days and it appears to be working well. Will leave it that way for a couple of weeks and if no more problems I'll switch it to become a system service so it'll always be running.

If anyone is interested in this kind of functionality PM me.
    Iain

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.