Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

voicemail - accessing from outside?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by h2009, Apr 12, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. h2009

h2009 Member

Is there any way to access the voicemail from the outside, i.e. by calling in to the PBX?

I know there's the email function, but i was wondering about dialing into the system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Arnaud

Have you tried using the digital receptionist ?
    Especially the function "Allowing callers to dial a known extension directly" described in the userguide (page 43) is probably offering what you're looking for. If you have a spare voip or DID number you can also have that forwarded to your voicemail extension immediatly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. h2009

h2009 Member

Oh thats a good idea. Thanks i'll give it ago.

4. Andy Schmidt

Andy Schmidt New Member

I think the manual says you need to dial "999" when you get to the Automated Attendant - but, in my case (2 digit extension), it appears to be "99" instead.

5. h2009

h2009 Member

I can confirm the idea works.

I setup a line i could dial with sipgate, then set all incoming calls to divert to 'special menu' and thats the way you can access your VM from outside.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.