VoiceMail Alternative-SOLVED

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by slynch401k, Sep 4, 2007.

1. slynch401k

Is there a way that I can upload my voicemessages to the server since the 999 doesn't work.

Unfortunately our old system blew out today, old IBM system so I need to get up and running asap.

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

All the voicemails are stores on the 3CX server under the 3CX folder - IVR/Voicemail/Extensions....
    Something like that. I don't have access to a system right now so it's off the top of my head.

The files are listed under each extension. You can move them to the new server with the same file/extension setup as long as the extension numbers don't change at all.

3. slynch401k

Rob:

Thanks, the voicemails are being delivered fine to our mailboxes but since we cannot access through 999 we cannot record our greetings.

Do you know where the greetings are stored and the filenames, for example extention 2305 uses filename XX2305.wav or something like that?

4. slynch401k

OK, I figured out my mistakes. I set the system up for 4 digit extentions and failed to change the default voicemail setting of 999 which is three digits located under the "General Settings", the "Voicemail".

Great system, needs dial by name employee directory for DR and phonebook in call assistant however.

5. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

I know you fixed your issue but as an FYI: the voice prompts are located at \program files\3cx phonesystem\data\Ivr\Voicemail\Data then folders for each extension as SaveVMGreeting.wav.

6. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

Hello. 2 questions please.

Are you saying that when you install the system and you specify at the begining 4 digits, that 999 doesn't work?

When you say phonebook in call assistant what do you mean exactly ? Because there is an extension status column in CA and it has all the extensions in the company you might want to call.