Voicemail and Digital Receptionist Not Answering

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Kelwing, Feb 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kelwing

I currently have 3cx set up with skype as the voip provider. Inbound and outbound calls work fine, calls between extensions work fine. However, if anyone tries to dial the voicemail number (i left it as 999), or tries to call the digital receptionist that I set up, it answers and then hangs up after 3 seconds. The server activity log simply shows both devices joining the call, and then 3 seconds later it says "Call is terminated"
    Any Ideas?

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi, could you try restarting 3CX and try again, if it still happens then post the full logs here for us to see.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Kelwing

I found the issue. The person responsible for initially installing 3CX on the server decided to download 3CX to their machine first, and then upload it to the server using FTP. They didn't pay attention to whether it was uploading in ASCII or Binary mode, so there was data corruption. We re-uploaded it using another method and everything works fine now.

4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Uploading via FTP, a backup or the entire system? Just curious to understand how this went down

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Kelwing

It was the entire system.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.