Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Voicemail - Can you use a different Voicemail system?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jessep, Apr 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jessep

So we are a little underwhelmed with 3CX's Voicemail system, It is pretty basic and clunky. Is it possible to tie another voicemail system into 3CX? Thanks

jesse

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It may be, (but I sort of doubt it), someone else would have to confirm..

Most "add-on" voice-mails systems were/are designed for use with older PBX's, for use in the days before voicemail was integrated in the "package". Systems made by companies such as Octel. They had a number of "lines" run between the PBX and the VM system along with an SMDI (standard message desk interface) link (a low speed 1200/2400/4800 bps) data link. The call information (which mailbox to send a call on which line) was sent to VM system from the PBX, and the VM system would send messages back to the PBX to activate and de-activate the message waiting indicator.

As far as I'm aware, 3CX does not have this capability, as voicemail is incorporated. Other members may be able to provide information on their experiences.

3. Jessep

That's what I was wondering because I know it was possible with our OLD NEC Neax 2000 PBX. But dont know if 3CX is bundled too tightly or if it is possible to integrate.

4. Jessep

5. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Yes you can connect it to Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 or 2013 (don't use 2007 because it doesn't support MWI).

3CX with Exchange UM Integration is amazing. Much better voicemail system.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. jasit

jasit New Member

I have done testing in the past, clunky would be the correct word.

I was testing a voicemail to text converter. So instead of the calls forwarding to voicemail, I had them goto an outside line. I create a trunk to another voip pbx, and then setup the extensions on to match the extensions on the 3cx server.
    so my deskphone is 2254, my voicemail box was 52254. I created a outbound route to the other server, and it worked well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.