Voicemail checking from 3CX Client

Discussion in 'Windows' started by jellmers, Mar 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jellmers

Hi.

I am trying your client (which does look good) connecting it to our Mitel 3300. I have got it all working and the audio is great but I was wondering where I set the voicemail extention (for us it is 8000) and how you can get the client to check for voicemail to give an indication that you have some?

Great work by the way.

Kind regards

Jason

2. Vali_3CX

Vali_3CX Well-Known Member
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Jason

If you're using the latest version of the Voip Phone (3.0.6061) then you can set the voicemail number from File/Connection menu - Advanced Settings dialog, the "PBX voicemail" field, which by default is set to 999. Of course, this is a "per-connection" - and not a global - parameter, since every connection's PBX might have different number assigned.

You can directly dial the voicemail by clicking the voicemail indicator onto display - cursor changes to a "finger" over it.

About voicemail status - phone itself does nothing special, it just subscribes to the PBX and is notified everytime voicemailbox status changed. Therefore, if you suspect something is wrong with this phone's feature, please try to register another phone (hard or soft) and check if this one is notified accordingly.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jellmers

Interesting...

I have version 3.1.6288.0 of VoIP Phone.

I have setup the VM number and if I click onto the envelope it dials correctly but it does no change state when a VM comes into the PBX.

If I run Xlite it works fine. Notification and everything so I know the PBX is functioning correctly.

Kind regards

Jason

4. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Jason

Ok, let me tell you briefly the test I've done:

- ext 104 - 3CX Voip Phone, direct, intranet connection
    - ext 102 - Xlite, direct, intranet connection
    - PBX - VM 999, no messages for 104.

- Calling 104 from 102; on 104 divert call to Voicemail; on 102 record the message (#, 0 as prompted); after 2 sec 104's VM indicator becomes highlighted.
    - Opened the My Phone portal for ext 104; in the Voice Mail tab, the freshly recorded message is listed (in bold characters)

- Calling 999 from 104; announce that I have a 1 new message; start to listen; aprox 2 secs after start, the VM indicator had become inactive
    - Clicking the Refresh buton on the still opened My Portal window, the recorded message becomes normal listed (not bold)

Please try to do a similar sequence. If it doesn't work properly, then I will ask you for a logfile to check SIP notification coming from PBX to the phone.

Regards
    vali

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. KenThompson

Unfortunately I cannot get a VM notification on anything I try. I have 3 softphones 100 - 102. 102 I installed X-lite to test it. 103 is a linksys SPA-922. I can leave messages on any extension and I get no verification on any client or VOIP phone. I did get a notification running the assistant on extension 101. So I figure something is botched in my configuration of the PBX server but I can't figure it out. :)

Thanks,

Ken

6. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi again

Ken, be careful to don't made a confusion (which I made myself at the beginning) - voicemail messages are NOT the same thing as recorded messages. For recorded messages (that means, when pressing the Record button) you will never be notified. On the other hand, very IMPORTANT, voicemail messages are saved ONLY when you press 0 at the end and then you hear the prompt saying "Message saved".

Regards
    vali

7. KenThompson

Thanks Vali,

I am referring to Voice Mail messages, in the sense when the call isn't answered and forwarded to voicemail, and can be retrieved via the user portal or dialing 999#. I haven't began to test the Record messages yet, although I have seen the button on the phone. :) But as stated I cannot get a voicemail acknowledgement on my Linksys SPA922 phone, 3CX softphone, or X-lite softphone. I do however get a voicemail acknowledgement when running the assistant on one client.

Ken

8. Vali_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi, Ken

Since phones just subscribes to be notifed about voicemail, it's quite impossible to have three kind of phones "troubled", so it seems to be a PBX (configuration) issue. I will search on Monday on this issue.

Regards
    vali

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.