• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail disabled for this extension.

Status
Not open for further replies.

[email protected]

Bronze Partner
Intermediate Cert.
Reaction score
Had this issue the last couple of mornings. All extensions say Voicemail disabled for this extension and hangup despite being enabled on each extension. Rebooting and restarting seem to help for a minute or two.

If you call 999 from the phones you get into the mailbox okay but nobody is getting forwarded to voicemail when they call.

Do all Services seem to be running (before the re-boot)? Does the 3CX Activity Log show any sort of error when this happens?

Reactions: [email protected]
All the services are running. The reboot worked the first time for the day but today it only worked for about an hour before happening again.

The 3cx Management Console exe appears to be using a lot of memory compared to usual. (1.4 GB) The activity log doesn't show any odd activity and the call log shows that the voicemail of the extension was reached. We just hear the Voicemail "disabled for this extension message" and then the call disconnects as if Voicemail wasn't enabled.

Voicemail can be automatically disabled if available disk space is below the limit.
Please, make sure this is not the case.

We are at 3.1 GB of 25 GB for Voicemail quota and 33.4 GB of 500 GB for recordings on a 1 TB drive. We had been over quota for Voicemail but are no longer after deleting old messages. I heard 3cx checks every 30 minutes but its been several hours and we still have no voicemail on any extensions.

I've tried creating a new extension with VM and default forwarding rules to send to VM but no luck with that either.

The location to save the VM was never changed to a different volume as the PBX itself? Nothing to do with Admin rights (writing to a volume) on the OS? Were there any software updates, OS patches applied, just before this happened?

We are using the default location for recordings and voicemail and there is only one volume on the machine. We can also change our greetings and listen to messages that are in our mailboxes.

There are no additional services running on this machine. There is a single account on the machine for logging into the console with administrative privileges from which the 3cx was installed and all server maintenance functions are done through.

The last updates run on the OS were the latest Patch Tuesday updates from Microsoft which didn't appear to impact services.

I'm very surprised that there is no error message in the Activity Log, given that (according to you), the call is being forwarded off to the VM as it should. If the message cannot be recorded, as it is supposed to be, then it would appear (if there is no error message) that 3CX does not see a problem. The fact that calls go off to VM means that 3CX knows that the extension does have the feature, and the call is routed correctly . If it is a corruption problem, then perhaps a re-install would fix it, but, that would be a last resort as it (the corruption) could be moved over when restoring a back-up. If you do end up doing that, consider restoring a back-up from a time before this all began, See if 3CX themselves have any other suggestions before doing something drastic.

Is there any difference if you try to leave a message directly in a users mailbox (*4XXX) ?

Last edited:
I had the exact same program. Updates and reboots didn't fix it.

Eventually after hours of wasting my precious time.

Settings->Parameter-> Search for STOP_VM

I found that mine was set to 1. Which seems to disable the VM system. I changed it to 0 and all is working fine now.

Only God knows why it changed itself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hammad.k
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.