Voicemail Email Delay - Still present in 15.5

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by supplenta, Jun 20, 2017.

?

Do you get email delays on Voicemails in V15.5?

1. Yes

40.0%
  2. No

40.0%
  3. Sometimes

20.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. supplenta

We are still experiencing extremely long delays for voicemails being sent. We only get voicemails out of hours as during the day we answer the phones.

Last night we received one voicemail at 18:04:11 and we received the email at 19:08 and it was then re-sent by 3CX at 19:55 (no idea why).

Is anybody else still experiencing this??

2. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

Following this thread.
    Version 15 we saw this issue a lot. Were hoping it was resolved.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Make a test.
    Send a welcome email - do you have a delay?
    Send a voicemail - does each voicemail make a delay?
    Use the same extensions. Lets see if we rule out mail servers.

My voicemails arrive instantly. So this can work and can work correctly. We have to check deeper to see - maybe it is a timing issue

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. tsukraw

tsukraw New Member

On the testing side we have never been able to reproduce it on demand which has made it very difficult to troubleshoot.
    The welcome email arrives instantly in all our cases when testing.
    Voicemail in general arrive instantly as well whenever testing.

We have heard from at least a dozen customers over the last year, and even our own internal users about delays in voicemail delivery to email.
    The time stamp on the email (Looking at the SMTP info on exchange for accurate time stamp) shows the email coming into the server hours after the voicemail Date/time stamp.

We have even had a couple cases where the email has come in next day. Like i said it has been very difficult to nail down the cause, we initially thought well maybe the voicemail was coming in during a maintenance window on exchange or when backups were running that could cause SMTP to not respond. But that was quickly ruled out due to the Date/Time of the voicemail being left and the email delay happening.

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Ok I will tell you how to rule out some stuff.
    I personally think that it is coming from the smtp server / relay.
    Can you work for a couple of days with a gmail account configured to send emails correctly? Lets see if you get delays.
    If you see that with a gmail account you get no delays (remember there is a limit here - dont send thousands of emails per hour because you will be banned) then focus on the smtp server you are using.

Explore a bit.. See different smtp's. I honestly believe that if the os is configured correctly (time, timings etc, zone etc)

6. jgibbons3

I have seen this as well and even more troubling and at least IMHO rules out the smtp server/relay is that whenever this happens the VM is not available or show up at the handset. When one gets stuck seems to get released when another VM is received by that extension. This is starting to create some major issues at my company.

7. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I partially agree with you. It is NOT related to SMTP I think.
    And another thing - with the number of installs out there (whereby all of them really depend heavily on vm delivery) it is not a bug in 3CX.
    I think that I would point my finger at a timing issue.
    Is this a vm?

I will speak to the forum admin to make another question to the poll. If the machine you are installing is a VM or a dedicated machine.

If the clock timer of the guest is not in sync with that of the hypervisor / Host, then you will get these problems.

Do you have any other issues? Apart from this?

8. jgibbons3

The Machine 3CX is installed on is a VM (Windows Hyper-V running windows 10). The clock is in sync with host and the rest of the network.

I have installed the new release (15.5 SP1) and the issue happened again. A person left a VM yesterday at 3:30 pm, no email notification, no phone indicator. Then another VM was left this morning at 9:00 am and I received email for both with the 9:00 am time stamp on both emails.

We don't appear to have any other issues except for this one, however as a customer service business I need to know when customers are leaving VMs

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.