Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Voicemail email delay

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Tripp, Oct 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tripp

v15.5.5
    Windows 2008 R2 HyperV

Randomly emails out of the system for voicemails are being delay by hours to ten's of hours.
    But some notifications come right through.

I have multiple(20+) installations all with similar configurations but having this issue at a few sites.

SMTP via Office365, test email is received immediately at affected sites and delay is not consistent on voicemail notification. Email headers show no delay on the email side. Some voicemail xml's are in a Cannot open file/access denied state?? I was looking to check the notified entry in the xml.

Additionally I'm seeing in the SystemService log

2017/10/11 15:58:36.674|3668|0004|Erro|VMMonitor: Can not load voicemail info from file 'C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Extensions\5677\vmail_9999_5677_20171010211627.xml'
    2017/10/11 15:58:36.674|3668|0004|Excpt|System.IO.IOException: The process cannot access the file 'C:\ProgramData\3CX\Instance1\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Extensions\5677\vmail_9999_5677_20171010211627.xml' because it is being used by another process.
    at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
    at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy, Boolean useLongPath, Boolean checkHost)
    at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share)
    at VBMutils.VoiceMailInfo.LoadInfo()​

2. GiannosC_3CX

GiannosC_3CX Guest

Hi Tripp,

Do you have installed any Antivirus on the machine or any additional monitoring or storage backup processes and agents that run on that machine? Please leave the 3CX Phone system completely clear with only the PBX running on it may one of those processes starts and locks the file when the 3CX Phone system is trying to access it to send the voicemail.

3. Tripp

We have AV on the system, but the entire 3CX file/directory structure is Excluded from scanning. No other applications or systems are running on the PBX. Backup is handled above at the HyperV level.

4. Jpock76

Same problem here. Voicemail notifications are delayed at random between hours and days. Another post I found seems to reference a ticket.

Additional Ticket Information:
    Ticket ID: 140903
    Ticket Subject: Voicemails getting delayed
    Ticket Owner: Nikos Tsironis

found here: https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/voicemail-to-email-issues.47367/page-2

I don't know how to look up the status of this ticket. I would like to get some confirmation that the problem is actually addressed in this ticket and a fix will be released in the next update. The blog suggests that v15 update 2 is due within days. Will it be fixed in that update? I have searched a lot on this issue and found some posts as old as 2016 too, so it seems to have been an issue for a while now.

Our pbx system is hosted in Hyper-V on another server. I just realized today that the server hosting hyper-v had an incorrect time zone setting, so it was off by 2 hours. I don't know what effect if any it would have on the pbx system, which had the correct time set. In any case, it still wouldn't explain the 2 day delay. We have also found that when we do finally get a notification and listen to the message, that suddenly all the other notifications come through. Like something had to wake it up. For now I have asked my users to just use their phone and periodically check for messages and that might keep the notifications coming in. I don't know. Very frustrating. An totally unacceptable. If we get a voicemail we NEED to know. Now.

5. Jpock76

We have windows defender running on the same box. I added exclusions for the 3CX folder in program files and the 3CX folder in %programdata%.. But I am skeptical it will do anything.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.