Voicemail extension change from 666

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nyleaim, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nyleaim

Just installed 15.5 and don't have the ability to change the extension for voicemail from 666 to 777 (I know that 777 is used as another system extension, I need this changing also).

I saw that you can play with the XML files in a backup zip, then restore from the changed backup. I tried this and it said the restore failed as the backup was not correct.

I have reinstalled and uploaded my backup, the option to change the VM extension from 666 is greyed out! 666 is a users extension on a remote PBX that we connect over a bridge!

Any way we can change this? We managed it on v15 on our remote PBX but we have upgraded that to 15.5 with no issues (in-place upgrade). Can't find this anywhere online! Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

3. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

3CX support changed me extension 777 to 077 editing backup file. I guess you can do this also yourself or at least give a try. Some other system extension numbers can be changed from menu where there were created, like voicemail into Settings. Please note that you may need to restart services and reprovision phones, if you change voicemail number.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #3 sip.bg, Jan 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 5, 2018
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.