Voicemail Extension Not Found

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mjchurch, Aug 3, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mjchurch

When attempting to access a voicemail box other than that for the extension from which I am accessing voicemail, I get an "extension not found" message. It occurs in the following scenarios:

1. Call from an external line to a DID with an inbound rule to route the call the the voicemail special menu (999). Enter ANY extension number and the "extension not found" message is played.

2. Call from 3CX app for iPhone. Dial 999 and I am able to access the voicemail box for the extension currently logged into (211). If you press # when the system requests a PIN (to access another extension) and enter the desired extension number (291) when prompted, the "extension not found" message is played.

3. Send a welcome message from the desired extension number (291) and open in the 3CX app for iPhone. Now that I am logged into the desired extension (291), I can access voicemail after entering the PIN. If I attempt to access the previous mailbox (211), the "extension not found" message is played.

2. magixpc

I am having the same issue.

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It may have something to do with the number being presented to the VM when the call comes in on a DID. It is not seeing a valid extension number, and therefore returns the recording.

4. mjchurch

I did some further experimenting this morning from my desktop extension (Yealink T46G) and found the same symptoms. In fact, if I dial 999 for voicemail and then press # instead of my PIN, I cannot log back into my own extension's voicemail box, receiving the "extension not found" message.

5. daneke

Same here with Htek 862 phones.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.