Voicemail/forwarding issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tarleton, Nov 26, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tarleton

Hi all.

I am completely new to the entire idea of a PBX server. So most likely the solution is fairly straight forward.

Current Setup:

Windows 2003 Server Edition
    1x Extension (Extension ID 100)running on Xlite on a networked workstation

Issue 1:
    When calls go to the voice mail of the extension it doesn't play the personal greeting that has been recorded instead it plays the default "Record your message then press pound"

Issue 2:
    If it goes to the voicemail and any number is pressed it forwards to the extension how can I stop this from happening?

Issue 3:
    Is it possible to have an extension which is an external number (mobile number) without having voip software on there. And if the call is not answered then it returns to the PBX server for forwarding instructions?

I.E. Call -> Ext 100 and doesn't answer after 30 sec -> Ext 200 (mobile number) doesn't answer -> goes to voicemail of ext 11

Any help is appreciated thankyou!

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi

How did you do the recording? dial voice mail and select the option for greetings? if so did you select the option to save the new greeting?

Yes this can be done, you can have 3CX transfer the call to a landline, mobile etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tarleton

Yes and when I call the voicemail (999 and then extension) to play back the greeting it plays it back to me.

If I do this and set a rule (not picked up within 15 seconds forward to ext300) does this still work even if it is not using any sip software?

4. davidbenwell

Voice Mail is per extension so for example, if you setup a personal greeting for extension 11, only calling being transferred to extension 11 will hear the new personal greeting.

for voicemail to work, no phones need to be registered, simply select the option to forward to voice mail

Make sure you select this for both Internal and external calls on a per extension bases.

You can also set 3CX up for example with 5 extensions and forward all calls to the same extension which has the personal greeting on.

I'm going to be doing a few videos guides soon, which will cover what you are asking about etc.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tarleton

Hi dave thanks for your help. What I do not understand is why the greeting is not being played. The setup of the system is exactly like you have described and yet it doesn't play the greeting. I can't find anything in the status log either.

6. davidbenwell

Hi

on the Windows 2003 Server

can you goto C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Data

and select the extension that you have setup with the voice mail greeting, in that folder is there any files?

7. tarleton

Yeah its there and is the pre recorded message.

8. davidbenwell

Rename it to something like savevmgreeting-old.wav

Then redo the voice mail recording again, make sure you select the option to save it.

Then go back to C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Data

Select the folder (Extension Number) and see if there is now a new file in addition to savevmgreeting-old.wav

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.