• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail Greeting*Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

bolton

Reaction score
Our call flow is very simple, I have setup inbound calls to ring all extensions, if the call goes unanswered it goes to the voicemail of one of the extensions.

I recorded a custom greeting for that extension. Upson testing, the voicemail message remains as the default. I have gone back in and re-recorded the message, same problem. If I go into the voicemail options for the extension the custom message is there and should be active, but it just keeps playing the default system voicemail message.

Thoughts?

Re: Voicemail Greeting not Playing

Can you dial the extension of the custom voicemail and make sure it plays the correct voicemail (just to make sure it was saved correctly).

Thanks,

Same issue, when I dial the extension directly I get the standard message too, not the recorded one. I can leave a message and play it back, it just refuses to play the custom recorded message.

Solved:

I was confused, there's a Self Idendification message and then a Personal Greeting Message.

Begs the question what is the self idendification message for?

Hi, Self Identification Message is basically to just Recording your Name and Surname. You will need this so you could use the feature Call by Name.

Call By name basically allows you to find the person you wish to speak by entering the first 3 letters of the last name.

So when you hit an IVR - which routes to call by name - IVR will ask you to enter the first 3 letters of the last name you wish to call. Without having a self identification message, call by name feature will not work.

About Call By Name Feature/ Self Identification Message, more information is available in the manual - Page 49.
Thanks and Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.