Voicemail greeting management from phone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by giwm, Jan 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. giwm

giwm New Member

When a user goes on vacation, they want to record a vacation greeting that can easily be switched back to the default when they return. However, I cannot figure out how this can be done. What am I missing? I'm struggling to believe that this isn't possible from the phone.

2. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

3. giwm

giwm New Member

Thank you for your feedback. We know how to set a greeting. The question is how to set what some systems call an alternative greeting or a vacation greeting. 3CX only has a single greeting accessible from the phone, so when you come back from a vacation users have to re-record their standard greeting. My users want to be able to switch back rather than re-record.

4. JWillScott

Extensions > Edit > Forwarding Rules
    Scroll down to greetings, and there is a spot to:
    When in this status, use this custom Voicemail greeting

I've never tried it, but it looks like what you are hunting for. You might have to help the users record the greeting for that status, but afterwords, they should just be able to use a dial code to change the status of their extension.

5. giwm

giwm New Member

This may be the closest we can come... but it still means an administrator has to get involved.

:(

6. JWillScott

NOPE! Good news!
    If the user logs into their webclient
    XXX.XXX.XXX.XXX:5001/WEBCLIENT

Click on Settings > Greetings

They can manage the greeting for all of their statuses and even record new ones! (Just make sure all their Rights are set in their extension.)

7. Saqqara

Saqqara Well-Known Member

8. 3CXusername

3CXusername New Member

sadly still can't delete greetings from any of these...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  9. giwm

giwm New Member

So, back to the original question: Still a "no" on being able to manage these from the phone.

Though it offers one solution, we don't use the web client for a number of reasons. Maybe once it matures we will, but still: The question is about managing from the phone. Like if you accidently left for vacation and had to call in to do it.

10. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @giwm

For the users to be able to do this from the phone or by calling into the system the users will have to have pre-recorded greeting for different status and switch between them from the phone or by calling in to the system. They can do that from the web client, windows client or an android client. So if they out of the office,they can call into their voicemail and switch status which will switch the greeting as well. Once they are back they can switch their status back and the greeting will switch back.

11. giwm

giwm New Member

So... as just a phone system: No. Bummer. I'll just hope the post in Ideas gets traction so my people can manage their voicemail greetings from the phone. Seems like that'd be a very basic, popular request, but... oh well.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.