Voicemail Greetings

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by anonymouspineapple85, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. anonymouspineapple85

Presently when a user uses their desk phone to record voicemail greeting for their voicemail box using option 8, they are able to verify and save the voicemail. However, when you call the extension and get the voicemail, the recording will not play. I can even browse to the voicemail greeting file, play it in media player, and their is no issue. It is the recording that was created.The voicemail greeting is only 15 seconds long.

I went ahead and checked, users can record their names using option 5. That all works fine.

The weird part is that I have a few users that can create, save, and set a greeting just fine. To be specific, it has been confirmed that this isn't an end user error.

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @anonymouspineapple85

Can you please clarify the build number of the PBX you are running? You can find the exact build by navigating to Dashboard and looking under the Information column. Also check under the extension settings / Voicemail and make sure that the greeting is selected

3. the60

the60 New Member

Having the same issue after most recent update.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. the60

the60 New Member

Running a few tests on existing extensions where I have deleted the self ID greeting and saved VM greeting, and, re-recorded them. That seems to be OK.

New extensions created after the recent update don't work as expected.

In one case, the greerting was saved,m but I had to manually select the .wav file to use as the default greeting. In another case, the file simply does not save.

In another case, user was using the 3cx app to manage greetings (initiating a "record from phone" option), and the greeting was not saved as well.

Verified this is not user error as well.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

@the60

Please make sure that you have no antivirus running on the server or any other software that might be locking the files up when they are created.
    Are you running your PBX on windows or linux? Are the phones local or remote? what are the specs of the server?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.