Voicemail help

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Area41, Jul 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Area41

I am trying to set a voicemail system that emulates a traditional answering machine with a single mailbox that is accessible with lamp indication from all extensions. Can anyone please point me in the right direction. This is my first time using 3CX and from I have seen so far it is awesome.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Area41

Still needing help on this.....please.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. John.Yuan

You probably can:
    1. Get some phones support multiple accounts work on one phone.
    2. Register both the normal extension account and the extension account you need to put all vmails to from the same phone.

Not sure if it will work.

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you want the VM indicators to light on all phones then you will have to datafill then all with the same extension number. They will all ring at the same time and the VM indicator will flash on all sets. Access to VM will be identical on all sets. If you need the VM indicator on only a few but you still want all sets to ring, the create a ring group and add all the extensions. Give only a few sets the same number, those will have VM indication and access but all phones in the ring group will ring, if you set the RG option that way. Don't forget to set how the PBX sees the busy state of the extensions or you won't get a second call if you have all sets with the same number.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.