Voicemail, how do I view/see unanswered VM Globally?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by lloydr1l, Apr 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lloydr1l

The previous software I used for PBX functionality, had where I could view all extensions showing the number of voicemails and some details about size, etc. It was very useful for monitoring if voicemails were going unanswered, or if the size was getting out of control.

Does 3CX offer any such reporting, and if not, how do I do these functions without checking each individual extension?

Thanks in advance.

2. 12494

12494 Member

The 3CX management console does not reveal any inventory information on vms like you are describing.

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. lloydr1l

That's a shame. It would be very useful. Do you know where the voicemail messages are located on the server?

4. lloydr1l

In case anyone has the same question as me, my location for voicemail was-

C:\programdata\3cx\instance1\data\ivr\voicemail

Interestingly enough though, I'm not sure this is the only location. In looking through the various extensions, most appeared empty. In the past, users have usually left their listened to voicemail intact, and it would accumulate. So I find it odd that most directories were empty, and made me wonder if the file were moved to another location after having been listened to by the extension user.

Could someone clarify? Is voicemail moved after having been played?

Thanks.

5. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

As far as I know they are not moved and always reside in the same location until purged.

In V14 there is a setting in Settings, PBX, Voice Mail that can be checked which will allow for automatic deletion of aged vmails; you decide the # of days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.