Voicemail Indicator - Free version

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by marcusjclifford, Apr 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcusjclifford

From reading am I correct in saying that the free version of 3CX Server has no way of indicating on the phone there is waiting voicemail?

I have 3CX Softphones as well as the Cisco SPA504G IP phones - but on neither do I get any indication there is waiting voicemail. It seems bizarre that this basic feature is left out of the free version when other advanced features are included.

Thanks in advance,
    Marcus

2. albertc

You are correct. The MWI is disabled in the Free version of 3CX. The Free version is not intended to be deploy in a production environment and more for testing/trying purpose.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

the brochure outlines feature availability:
    http://www.3cx.com/phone-system/3CXPhoneSystem_brochure.pdf

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

The "Free" version is for testing functionality, not for production use. Why would you expect all of the features of the paid version to be in a free test version?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When you signed up, and then downloaded 3CX, you would have received an email. Carefully read through that again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.