Voicemail Indicator

Discussion in 'Windows' started by DungaBee, May 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DungaBee

Hi All. I just stumbled upon the 3CX Phone and so far, I really like it. Thanks to the developers for their work on it.

I have only one issue I am not able to sort out. My VoIP provider is Nuvio. They are a hosted PBX system.

To get things to work behind our firewall, I have the phone set like this:

Extension - VoIP Username from Provider
    ID - VoIP Username from Provider
    Password - VoIP User Password from Provider

In the IP area, I have it set that I am in the office (Local IP) and I have the address of the providers SIP proxy in there.

Under advanced settings I have the PBX voicemail set to *123* which is what my local phone uses when I dial voicemail. I also had to uncheck all the DTMF settings except for RFC2833 to get my touch tones to be "heard" by the PBX system.

Everything seems to be working perfectly, except that if I call from my office phone to the softphone and leave a message, the voicemail indicator does not come on. I can call in and get the message, but I am not notified.

Using x-lite, the message indicator is highlighted when a message is left.

Is there a setting perhaps I am missing in 3CX?

Thanks again.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If the 3Cx phone does not appear to be responding to a messaging waiting notify from your provider. If you want to pursue this you may want to Wireshark the incoming message and post it here. It can then be compared to an activate message waiting indicator notify message that 3CX sends out. It could be something as simple as your mailbox info not being datafilled correctly in the 3CX phone causing it to ignore the message.

Here is some reading on the subject...http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc3842.txt

3. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hello,

it's possible to have the LED on on the mailbox key when i receive a message in me mailbox ?

i have a snom 821

thanks

didier from Belgium ;)

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You should really be creating a new thread as the original post had nothing to do with your particular issue.

That depends, on the free version , no. On a Paid version, or using the Demo Key, yes, as long as your phone has the capability.

5. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

now, I'm testing the free version

where i find the demo key for version 9 ? he snom 821 have the key with led

thanks

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Just before you download the 3CX software you fill in your email address, a Demo key will be sent to you. It limits your concurrent calls to two, but allows all other features

7. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

now with the demo key, i receive the status of the mailbox

with the demo hey, it s possible to use the fax option ? but the fax don't work

thanks leejor ;)

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

If you want to pursue a fax problem, I suggest you first look through the forum, then, if you can't find an answer, open a new topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.