Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Voicemail interation for ip phone and 3cx client with DND leaves blank voicemails

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Glenry, Oct 26, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenry

It appears that voicemail interactions such as # and * is only working when a phone is connected. I.e. a softphone or IP phone. Without this there is no ability to interact with leaving a voicemail. The redirect when you press # or * does not work and voice message is not heard.

If I shutdown the users softphone and call. I experienced the same results meaning that if we have a user configured to be used as a voicemail repository with no physical ip phone assignment all voicemails are blank.

With the users softphone connected and set to DND – I was not able to interact with the message system and message came through blank as well

Is anyone else having any similar issues?

Has a look at https://www.3cx.com/community/threads/voicemail-to-email-sending-empty-voicemail.49589/#post-205108 but does not appear relevant in our situation. We tried anyway but did not resolve.

3cx version 15.5.3849.1 All Patches up to date
    Remote Site (No NAT Required as Layer 3 WAN in place)
    IP Phones configured as remote phones with Direct SIP
    Gateway; Patton SN4114/JO/EUI; Hardware Version 4.4; Software Version (R6.T 2017-05-08 H323 SIP FXS FXO)
    Phones
    Yealink W52P 25.80.0.15
    Yealink T42G 29.81.0.110
    Yealink T42S 66.81.0.110
    Yealink T48G 35.81.0.110
    Yealink T48S 66.81.0.110

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Glenry

That should not be the case. You should be able to leave voicemail messages to extensions that do not have a phone or a client attached.
    Is this behaviour present when calling internally or only from external calls? Also is this a hosted server? Windows or linux?
    From the info you posted the only thing i can see wrong is the Patton firmware that should not be 6.T as trinity firmwares is not supported and are known to cause issues with calls and audio. I would recommend changing the Patton firmware to 6.9 and try again.

3. Glenry

Hi @YiannisH_3CX ,

I have uploaded the firmware for the Patton SN4114 FXO to the following R6.9 2016-12-27 H323 SIP FXS FXO. I also tried the later R6.10 2017-09-04 H323 SIP FXS FXO on another site. Neither update resolved the issue.

Windows Server 2012 R2 hosted in our private cloud on our own VMware vCenter configuration.

Internal calls work as expected and all functions work as intended. So it appears to only effect calls incoming external calls.

4. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Thank you for the update, since i cannot replicate your issue i will send you a p.m. and request for some files. Please check your inbox

5. Glenry

Remote support session with packet capture data highlighted the cause was due to the Patton SN4114 FXO being on a separate vlan. The following settings on within the 3cx SIP trunk resolved this on all sites.
    ON ... PBX Delivers Audio
    OFF ... Supports Re-Invite
    OFF ... Support Replaces

6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad the issue is resolved and thank you for updating the post with your solution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.