• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ramajpt

Reaction score
I have multiple numbers (roughly 15 at the moment) that are all being routed through a primary receptionist who then either transfers to an outside number or takes a message. My problem is that when multiple calls are coming in to the reception, occasionally one gets missed and it is being directed to the receptions voicemail box, not the extension that was being called.

All extensions are set up to have voicemail sent to their extension upon no answer/busy. But every time we miss a call, the voicemail ends up on our reception phone and not to the extension where it's assigned. After hours directing seems to be working without any issue, as well as us forwarding to the extension of the voicemail box when we don't miss the inbound calls.

Any help would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

On you inbound rules for those numbers you currently have each going to the receptionist and it says if no answer after xxx time then go to voicemail.

Change it to go somewhere else (such as a ring group or another extension) if the receptionist does not answer in time. Then the voicemails will go to those according to their rules.

I ended up having to make a call group for each of the extensions.. not sure why, but it's working that way.

Thanks for the quick response!

they were doing that because the forwarding rule for the receptionist phone has a rule (under available tab in forwarding rules) that says (by default) if no answer in 60 seconds or phone is busy to go to voicemail for that extension.

You just needed to change it, but the way you have done it is slightly better for flexibility in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.