Voicemail issues

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hood, Jun 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hood

Hi All,

I have a 3CX deployment that is giving me continuous issues.

The latest issue is related to voicemails. One of the issues is the caller is getting cut off mid sentence when leaving a voicemail. I've had a wireshark capture analysis by 3CX and they advised in the instance I provided that a DTMF 5 tone was detected that is meant to be "save message". I doubt I've getting multiple callers all pressing the 5 key mid sentence when leaving a voice mail :(

Inbound calls are via an Epygi 4 port ISDN BRI gateway (I know its not supported, but it was all that was available in a hurry). Generally this gateway works very well.

Does anyone have any ideas what might be causing my DTMF tone, or causing multiple voicemails from being cut short. I have added the MAXVOICEMAILDURATION parameter with a value of 300, but these are being cut off at random intervals as quickly as 12 seconds.

The other issue I'm having is the receptionist goes to listed to a voicemail that was left at 9:53am today, but the message prompt advises the message was received yesterday.

3CX v15 running on a Windows 10 i5 NUC.

2. bdarcyevans

We're having this issue too, also v15 Windows. Seemed to fix itself for a little while but has reverted to old ways. Server time is OK, handset time is OK, time zone is correct. Time/date on each message displays fine within the 3CX app and on email messages, but when read back via the handset is not correct.

3. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Very strange guys..
    For the first issue we need to see a pcap. Lets see why the voicemail is cut off. Is it saved? Maybe the whole call is cut off. Can you make a call instead of a voicemail and see if it cuts off?

I saw this symptom once where a voicemail was being saved from a speaker phone in a busy room and one of the DTMF sounds (from another phone) pitched into my voicemail and it interpreted it as end the call. This can happen. Try the test again by leaving a voicemail but when you talk lift the handset and talk to the handset.

Re time - another strange thing - we are not seeing much of these. By how much is the time incorrect? Can we check? Maybe a utc conversion is wrong. We will need support to check this. I suggest you open support tickets. Definitely these can be fixed.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

5. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I will check.. Thanks for the tip.
    Maybe they are still using inband, in that case there is a global parameter.. Let me check to confirm.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes its what I predicted. ..it's a phenomenon called "talk-off". Acoustic tones from the room make it through the dtmf recognizer on your side.
    And maybe this is why the voicemails are cut off.. nothing to do with the server.

7. hood

Hi Nickybrg,

Were you referring to my issue being talk-off? I had submitted pcap files to support for this one.

Does anyone have a way to stop this? this global parameter?

8. nb

nb Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Ok support will check. Yes probably talk off. There is no way why a voicemail can cut off intermittently.

9. hood

Just an update, i MAY have resolved this issue by disabling the "Supports Re-Invite" setting on my SIP trunk to the Epygi gateway device.

I know disabling this setting has resolved a random MOH when transferring calls issue I was also experiencing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.