Voicemail kick in delay

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Plankton, Feb 1, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Plankton

Hi there!

If the call takes place during the out of office hours period the voice mail kicks in straight away.

I would like the system to allow me to pick up the phone if I am still available although the call takes place during out of office hours. Is there any option to do this?

Thank you

2. Charles_3CX

Charles_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi there

You can set your extension to use different office hours that the ones set for the global office hours. To set different office hours on the extensions, navigate to the 'office Hours Scheduling' tab under the extensions settings and from the Configure hours section tick ''This extension uses Specific Office Hours' and configure the hours you would like the extension to be available.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Plankton

Hi Charles

Thank you for your reply but its not exactly what I am after.

I only have one extension. What I need is the extension to ring outside the office hours for around 10 seconds allowing me to pick up the phone in case I stay in late in my office. So basically, what I am after is to allow a couple of rings outside the office hours period and then let the voice mail kick in.

4. Charles_3CX

Charles_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

Hi

Set your extension to use different office hours that the ones set for the global office hours. Set the same start time and extend the closing time. Then from the extensions forwarding rules available tab set the 'If the call is not answered within' time to 10 seconds. Then when the system in Out of Office hours your extension will still ring for 10 seconds before going to your voicemail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. Plankton

Thank you Charles for the proposed solution.

Based on it I understand the Global Office Hours always takes precedence over Specific Office Hours, correct?

So if I set my GOH from 9am to 5pm and my SOH for my extension from 9am to 7pm. When my extension rings between 9am to 5pm GOH will apply? Will my extension ring only for 10 seconds? If my extension rings between 5pm and 7pm will it ring for 10 seconds and then voice mail will kick in? Any calls between 7pm and 9am will be answered by the voicemail straight away?

6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I do not believe that global overrides anything. It simply allows for a global option that is the de facto standard for the masses. Once you indicate that an extensions uses its own hours, your extension will follow your settings regardless. In this manner you could have a main office that uses the global hours in New York, but have remote sales people in California that could still make and take calls. Your phone will ring for whatever period of time it is set to.

7. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Seeing that you only have 1 extension and I am assuming 1 DID going to the extension, I think the best way you could do this is by:
    1) Set the GOH to 09:00 to 17:00.
    2) Create a new Ring Group or Queue and add the one extension into it (if its a Queue, remember to log in).
    3) In the Ring Group/Queue you created, set the timeout or Maximum Queue Wait Time to e.g. 15 seconds and the "Destination if no answer" to the Voice Mail of the one extension you have (not the extension itself).
    4) Go do you Inbound Rule and uncheck the "Apply the same routing logic Outside of Office Hours".
    5) For the "Office Hours" routing send the call directly to the extension.
    6) For the "Outside Office Hours" routing send the call to the Ring Group/Queue you created.

The logic is that 09:00 to 17:00 calls will ring your extension and during the other hours it will go to the Queue, ring it for 15 seconds, then send it to your VMail if no answer.
    The added bonus with a Queue is that you can also add a audible message letting the caller know that you may not be there as it is technically outside office hours.

8. Plankton

This did not work.

I still don't understand why isn't there a straight forward solution to this.

For example:

During working hours - Ring for 20 seconds
    Outside working hours(except weekends) - Ring for 3 seconds before Voice mail
    Weekends - Straight to voice mail

:?:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.