• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail Left Notify Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.

nizzy99

Reaction score
ive had a search of the forums but due to not knowing the technical term for this i couldnt find it.

Our current system (Inter-Tel) has the facility for someone to leave a voicemail on one of our numbers, after the voicemail has been left the telephone system then calls a designated mobile to notify an engineer that a voicemail has been left.

i.e someone calls ext 1000 leaves a voicemail ext 1000 then calls xxxx mobile to notify that a voicemail has been left he can then call back into the system to retrieve the voicemail and action as appropriate.

my simple question is, Is the 3CX system capable of doing the same?

any help greatly appreciated.

It looks like you need to try Rebound feature. It does almost the same thing but uses slightly different approach.
At first step it will notify engineer about incoming call. Engineer will be able to choose what to do with the call either answer it immediately or redirect it to the voicemail (on PBX)

Sounds fair enough and having a look around once the voicemail is received I can forward a copy of the voicemail to a distribution group for training and quality purposes.

Thank you for your reply I think I'll setup a demo system at the office.

Most mobiles (smartphones) have an email address. You could also have 3Cx just email the Voice-mail alert to the phone, then the recipient can choose to pick-up the message based on it's priority.

leejor,

thank you for your reply the phone has to ring engineers have a habit of ignoring a small beep where as if the phone rings then they 99% of the time respond.

I have implemented a 3cx system yet just something im looking into at the moment.

leejor said:
Most mobiles (smartphones) have an email address. You could also have 3Cx just email the Voice-mail alert to the phone, then the recipient can choose to pick-up the message based on it's priority.

That's all great and fine but...Audix has such a feature (for years) that nizzy99 is asking for; I asked a fellow business user about this and, while traveling/driving in car...they have their Bluetooth answer call from Audix voicemail system, it plays back the message over car speakers or with earpiece handsfree. Email notification is nice and having the WAV file sent to phone is cool but (they may not care for extra email settings, old-fashion and want a call-back to phone)...playing feed over speakers is better for them instead of fumbling with smartphone (going to inbox/clicking/etc...). If the 3CX system could dial-out on a channel/line, like the Audix system can, then what a great EXTRA feature this adds. Allow customers to configure dedicated outbound line(s) for such a feature with day/time scheduling (example M-F, 8am-5pm, no sense to send redirected VM calls during Sunday, it can wait till Monday)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gamingpro2131
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.