Voicemail Login

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nupton, Apr 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nupton

Hello. Is there a way to bypass entering the extension number and personal identification number when accessing voicemail? In other words the system would recognize the extension number and PIN from the specific phone calling voicemail. I'm using a Cisco 7960 and I'm able to configure the Message button to dial 999 when pressed, and was wondering if I can automate the login process as well. It's probably more configuration on the Cisco side but was wondering what options, if any, are available on the 3CX side.

Thanks!

-Scott

2. Arnaud

Hi Scott, I don't believe you can dial a string from the message button. Just a plain simple extension only.
    I tried some constructions with # and commas etc. in the string, separating the 999 from the extension and pinnr, but wasn't succesful.
    Other PBX solutions solve this at the server side. The sever, when being called (at extension 999 for example) just looks where the call came from, and adds when configured that way the appropriate extension and pinnumber.
    Doing it that way would make it more generic, and phone manufacturer independant. A feature request ?

Arnaud

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. h2009

h2009 Member

Not sure if it can be done, but have you tried adding pauses (p) to the dial string? this might have the right about of delay to allow the phone to 'auto input' the code. Just a suggestion.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Arnaud

Tried this, didn't work. Look like 3CX doesn't like anything but numbers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.