Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Voicemail lost due to poor default prompts

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cometmth, Sep 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cometmth

The default greeting message on voicemail boxes with the default English prompt sets, is confusing callers and causing lost messages. The message is as follows. "Record your message and press #, or press * to contact the operator." The part about pressing * to contact the operator is easy enough to deal with. We just told the 000 extension to forward calls to a ring group, and then to the IVR. The part about pressing # brings the caller to another menu when they are done recording. Here, they get this message. "To save your message press 0, to repeat recording press 1, to verify your recording press 2, to exit press #. If the caller presses #, it just says "Thank you. Goodbye.". At this point, the message is DELETED and will not be deliverd.

It is not clear to the caller that selecting exit will DELETE their message. Remember, at this point, pressing # was what they were "supposed" to do. It would be better if the message was changed to say "...to delete your message, press #". It would probably also help if the DELETE option wasn't #. Then, the "Thank you. Goodbye" message should also be changed to "Your message was deleted. Goodbye.". With the current prompts, we are missing messages that callers indented for us to hear. This is confirmed by subsequent conversations with the same people, and hearing that they "left us a message".

I know users can record a new voicemail greeting for their mailboxes, and I know I can build a custom prompt set, but I feel that this issue should really be addressed out of the box. Has anyone else had users confused by these prompts? How do I go about making a formal request to 3cx to change the default prompts?

2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @cometmth,

If you have any suggestions for the 3CX team, you can post them in the ideas section of the forum in order to be up-voted by users and evaluated by the appropriate department.

Thank you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.