Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Voicemail menu access

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by MB1, Feb 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MB1

MB1

I am trying to allow an external caller to access the voicemail menu. So, when the voicemail picks up, they dial 99 and then enter a pin number, then press 9 and access is granted to the menu options.
    My setup is as follows: POTS to MP114 to 3CX V9.
    However it only works as fiollows:
    1) If the call is internal (ie internal phone connected to my MP114), 99 can be dialed from the dialtone and menu access is possible.
    2) If the caller is external then I wait for voice mail to activate, but when I dial 99 I briefly get the on hold music then it goes back to voice mail again.

Any ideas?

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I posted this in another thread yesterday (I thought it was your thread)

To get to the voicemail menu from externally (thats an external number not a remote 3cx extension) you can only go through a Digital Assistant.

We often set up a digital assistant for that and get them to press 1 and it sends to voicemail. But in any digital assistant you can press the voicemail number (99 in your case) and it will work.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.