Voicemail message forwarding with announcement

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tomsfood, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomsfood

Is there a way in 3cx when forwarding a voice mail message to another extension for me to announce the message to the receiving voice mail box?

For example, if I have a message in my voice mail box that I want to forward to another extension's mail box I would also like to add to the message an announcement; "Hello Bob, I am forwarding you this voice mail message..."

2. STIC

We need this functionality too. Or something similar.

The scenario - John A gets a VM at 9am. He comes in at 1pm and realizes it’s for John B and transfers it to him. John B gets the VM, hears the date/time stamp and reports “Why did it take the 3CX system 4 hours to deliver this VM?”

The issue- There is no way for a person receiving a transferred VM to know it was transferred. An announcement function would resolve this issue. So would a system prompt saying it was transferred and from what extension.

We’ve been running the 3CX system for only 2 months so maybe I’m missing how to do it. I hope so because it’s causing a lot of confusion.

3. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi,

I don't think this is possible.
    You can forward your voicemails to email of course and forward those emails. But this is not a solution for everybody, like people not having a PC-headset or those driving a lot.

best regards Frank

4. bardissi

bardissi Member

Not natively possible but doable using 3rd party integration

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.