Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Voicemail message forwarding with announcement

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tomsfood, Feb 24, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tomsfood

Is there a way in 3cx when forwarding a voice mail message to another extension for me to announce the message to the receiving voice mail box?

For example, if I have a message in my voice mail box that I want to forward to another extension's mail box I would also like to add to the message an announcement; "Hello Bob, I am forwarding you this voice mail message..."

2. STIC

We need this functionality too. Or something similar.

The scenario - John A gets a VM at 9am. He comes in at 1pm and realizes it’s for John B and transfers it to him. John B gets the VM, hears the date/time stamp and reports “Why did it take the 3CX system 4 hours to deliver this VM?”

The issue- There is no way for a person receiving a transferred VM to know it was transferred. An announcement function would resolve this issue. So would a system prompt saying it was transferred and from what extension.

We’ve been running the 3CX system for only 2 months so maybe I’m missing how to do it. I hope so because it’s causing a lot of confusion.

3. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Hi,

I don't think this is possible.
    You can forward your voicemails to email of course and forward those emails. But this is not a solution for everybody, like people not having a PC-headset or those driving a lot.

best regards Frank

4. bardissi

bardissi Member

Not natively possible but doable using 3rd party integration

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.