Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Voicemail, Messages URI and Message Waiting Indicator

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ajohns, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ajohns

I am new at this, so forgive me if I am asking dumb questions. So far, I have been pretty successful at getting the 3CX PBX up and running with two Cisco 7960G phones. They are able to call each other with no problem. I am trying to figure out the voicemail access though. I know that I can call extension 999 to access voicemail, but am wondering if I can program the Messages URI setting on the 7960G in such a way that the user doesn't have to enter his/her extension when calling from that phone.

More importantly than that, is there a way to program the 7960G so that the messages waiting indicator works?

Also, is there any way yet to set the maximum length of a voicemail message?

Thanks,
    Andy

2. DaveIW

Good question.

I've just bought a couple of 7940 phones and would like to be able to just press the Messages button and have it dial..

Any one got any idea?
    Cheers

3. DaveIW

Got it sorted, so I'd like to share how...

Place the following line in your SIPxxxxxxxx.cnf file (were x is your phones mac address)
    This file is located on your tftp server

Code:
    messages_uri: 500
    500 = your voicemail access number (999 by default)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.