• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail, Messages URI and Message Waiting Indicator

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajohns

Reaction score
I am new at this, so forgive me if I am asking dumb questions. So far, I have been pretty successful at getting the 3CX PBX up and running with two Cisco 7960G phones. They are able to call each other with no problem. I am trying to figure out the voicemail access though. I know that I can call extension 999 to access voicemail, but am wondering if I can program the Messages URI setting on the 7960G in such a way that the user doesn't have to enter his/her extension when calling from that phone.

More importantly than that, is there a way to program the 7960G so that the messages waiting indicator works?

Also, is there any way yet to set the maximum length of a voicemail message?

Thanks,
Andy

Good question.

I've just bought a couple of 7940 phones and would like to be able to just press the Messages button and have it dial..

Any one got any idea?
Cheers

Got it sorted, so I'd like to share how...

Place the following line in your SIPxxxxxxxx.cnf file (were x is your phones mac address)
This file is located on your tftp server

Code:
messages_uri: 500

500 = your voicemail access number (999 by default)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.