VoiceMail - Need to press pound? (#)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Bob, Aug 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bob

Bob

Hi,

I notice when I leave a message on an extention, a voice prompter says I need to press pound (#) to complete the message. I find most users will simply leave their message and hang up. The result in 3CX is no message is left.

Can this really be the way 3CX works?!? Is there a way to change the config so that a handup will result in the message being recorded?

As it stands now, I doubt many messages will be left in the VoiceMail as most users are conditioned to hang up after they leave their message.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. Bob

Bob

Oh jeeze!

I've got to take this criticism back. I tried it again just now and hung up. The message was recoreded and forewarded to my email. It must have been a misconfig on my part when it didn't work earlier.

Sorry 3CX!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. 5qg4

5qg4 Active Member

When you close the phone without press anything, it will save the message.
    When you press # then you press 0 , it will save.
    When/if for some reason the line stays open for 2 minutes, the voicemail will stop recording after 2 minutes and save.
    When you press # but you don't press 0 it will not save

4. Costas3CX

Costas3CX New Member

well said!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.