• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail not reading key presses

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnDalton

Reaction score
I have set up voicemail on an extension, and it records voicemails and will play them back, but the voicemail system will not respond to the phone's number keys, only to * and #. So I can't record a greeting or delete messages or change any other settings. It's the same whichever phone I access the mailbox from.

3cx small business edition
Windows Vista
Snom 300 phones
Patton 4114 gateway

Sorry. I don't have any snom's to play with but...

The snom 300 firmware history here http://wiki.snom.com/Firmware/Release_Notes_Snom3xx details a couple of issues with dtmf. Perhaps it's worth checking which version of the firmware you're running.

There's also a bug report at digium http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=12000 which refers to dtmf problems with the 300 being fixed with a firmware upgrade.

Does the voicemail work correctly when you use the soft phone?

Mick.

Do you have the DTMF on the phones set to inband or out of band?

Best,

Mike

Thanks, I have located the problem and have a temporary solution. The system was in fact reading keypresses, but the responses were mute, as it turned out not to be playing any prompts which were mp3. So the main VM menu OPTMNU.mp3 was not playing, along with several other related prompts, so it appeared to not see the keypress. Fixed for now by converting all mp3 prompts to wav, and changing those in a copy of the standard prompt set.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HC-Liam
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.