Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

voicemail not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by scrhill, Mar 8, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scrhill

hello,

i have setup two extenstions and we have 2 DIDs, when someone calls on either DID. it rings a ringgroup its set if no one answers to goto a certain voicemail box however it goes to the Provider's voicemail system and not the system on 3cx

any ideas?

Rob

also when i provision my phones automatically they fail registration and in the server urls it says ip:pARAM_not_found

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Is the provider a pstn provider (e.g. Verizon)?

You would either have to set this to go to the failover voicemail after 25 seconds rather than anything longer as most providers cut in at 30 seconds with their voicemail.

Or have them turn that feature off.

We need more information on the phones, etc to be able to help with the provisioning

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Your SIP provider must have a ring timeout on their service, either up that value or disable it (much better). Just use their answering system in the event of a NON-REACHABLE/NOT REGISTERED status (failover).

Looks like a template issue. What phones are you using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. scrhill

the phones are Grandstream GXP-2000..... they provisioned correctly under my laptop when i was playing with 3CX my laptop is a Intel Celeron 3.2GHz wth 2GB ram and Windows 7 Ultimate.. the Server which its on now is Windows 2003 SP2 R2 with all ports needed open and im using abyss as web server

when it provisions it sets sip and proxy servers to http://192.168.80.11:pARAM_not_found

this is the line in the template (which is the same line as the template when i tested 3cx on a win7 laptop)

# The "P47" field contains the ip address and SIP port of the SIP Registrar - in this case 3CXPS. The "pbx_ip" and "param::sipport" variables will be replaced by the IP Address and SIP Port of 3CXPS.
    P47 = %%pbx_ip%%:%%param::sipport%%

# The "P48" field contains the ip address and SIP port of the SIP Outbound Proxy - in this case 3CXPS. The "pbx_ip" and "param::sipport" variables will be replaced by the IP Address and SIP Port of 3CXPS.
    P48 = %%pbx_ip%%:%%param::sipport%%

5. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

What do you have under Advanced ->Custom Parameters -> DefaultLocalIP ?

6. scrhill

DEFAULTLOCALIP: 192.168.80.11
    SIPPORT: 5060

Thats what it shows in Settings ----- Advanced ----- Custom Parameters

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.