Voicemail not working

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by cmdowning, Aug 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cmdowning

I've just installed the 3CX software, have several extensions setup, and voicemail doesn't work on any of them. It's enabled, and the service is started, but when something is transferred to voicemail, it's just silent. It doesn't disconnect the call, but just sits there doing nothing. Everything else with the system seems to be working ok. Any advice? Thanks.

2. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

Do you have this problem on incoming calls or also on calls between internal extensions too?

If it is happening on incoming calls, does it happen with a PSTN gateway or a VOIP provider?

If you dial 999 do you hear any message or you also hear silence?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. cmdowning

If you dial 999 (although has been changed to 900 at this point), you do hear something. Although when you hit 9 for more options, you don't hear anything at that point, and changing your message doesn't work.

It happens from internal and external calls.

4. alexmallia

alexmallia New Member
    3CX Support

To get technical support on this one, you can contact our technical support (This requires commercial edition with support package). If you have a
    commercial edition, but no support package, you can purchase one here:

https://erp.3cx.com/orderform/support.aspx

regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. SWB

SWB New Member

Does this happen on all phones, including the client?

6. cmdowning

It does happen on all phones, and happens when an external call is transferred to voicemail.

7. SWB

SWB New Member

Ok how are you transferring the calls to voice mail? Does the log indicate the correct route?

I ran into a problem with silence when connecting to the conference call prompts. I was connected to the conference call extension, but nothing was played. What I did to rectify it was create a new prompt set and then browse to each of the conference prompts and select them. For whatever reason that worked for me. Don't know as to why it couldn't play the default prompts, especially when I selected the same prompts in my custom prompt set.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.