• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail notification on phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

jcasares

Customer
Reaction score
The forum search doesn't seem to work so sorry if this was asked and answered.

Since latest versions of 3CX Phone System 11, even while we have send as attachment and delete from mailbox set in all our extensions we still get the notification on the phone, and the problem is that it is stuck and there is no way to clear it.

Do someone know how to fix this or why is it happening?

you do not mentioned what phones you are using. We had this happen for a but on the initial release of v11.
We found it had a lot to do with network traffic/congestion.

Sorry,

Cisco SPA504G
Grandstream 1400
Grandstream 1450

But the problem seems to be with the SPA504G (it is more prominent and the users of Grandstream don't have many missing calls because of their usage pattern).

There is no network congestion AFAIK and even rebooting the phone doesn't clear the notification light. We disabled the mailbox support for the phone, and enabled it again. After this and a restart of the phone the notification cleared.

They were 7.5.1a before and we upgraded yesterday to 7.5.5. But the problem started recently (after SP4?). We did a test after the change and the problem didn't happen. Could it be the old firmware?

Could be.. but I kept our own office up to snuff on firmware and the problem still rears its red head once in a while..

I went with the "black electrical tape" or "reboot" approach for the most part.. it was introduced in v11.. my "feature request" in v12 is that it goes away. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.