Voicemail Notification via Text Message or Out Call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by blang008, Oct 27, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blang008

Would be nice to have an option to text or call out to external number when a voicemail message is left in a mailbox.

Patrick Horn likes this.
  2. 12494

12494 Member

Hmmm. If you wanted the system to call out to an external number why wouldn't you just have the call forwarded to the external number - then there is no need for a vm?

If you want an sms then just change the email address associated with your extension to your sms email gateway address and have 3CX send an email notification for vm.

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. blang008

They don't want the actual call, just the voicemail notification. That's exactly what ive done currently. Just didn't know if there was another way.

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Could you not for that extension activate the "Ring my extension and my mobile at the same time" option so that:
    - Call goes to extension.
    - System rings both the external number and the extension simultaneously.
    - After X seconds, if no answer send to the extensions VMail.

As Allen said, for the SMS part you could use a sms email gateway address.

I am not entirely sure what functionality you are requesting in the feature request, so could you please give an example of how you would want it to work?

Given this, for now I will move the topic back to "3CX Phone System - General" for further discussion, but it can always be moved back to the 'Ideas' section.

5. sommerville

If you forward to a cell phone and you are on the cell phone the call will go to your cell phone voicemail and not you office. You also can not call your office it will cause a loop back to your cell phone and you go to you cell phone voicemail.

We need a separate notification for text messages, and it would be nice if it did not include the audio attachment on the text, but will at the same time let you send an email to yourself with the attachment.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

As mentioned previously (and this is what I do), email the voicemail notification to the email-to-SMS gateway of the mobile handset provider. Ask the provider of the mobile provider you are sending to, what format to use.

It is generally the phonenumber@providername.XX

This list may, or may not, be up-to-date.

http://mfitzp.io/list-of-email-to-sms-gateways/

incorporating this sort of service with 3CX would require an outside subscription, of some sort, as there would be a cost involved to send test messages.

Joe W likes this.
  7. Michael1600

Nick: I have tried to use the "Ring my extension and my mobile at the same time" in version 15 but have not been able to get it to work. What am I missing?

8. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have a look at the 3CX Activity Log, particularly at the outgoing call attempt to the mobile number. It is most likely a number format/outbound rules issue. The number that you have 3CX call, must be in the same format as is dialled from the extension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.