Voicemail Order of messages during playback

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Mr. K, Feb 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mr. K

Hi, to everyone, here is the issue I am having. At the moment when I play back the messages they start with the most recent one. I want them to start with the first one that was recorded, not the latest.Can the order of the messages played back be changed? Has anyone experience the same issue? I searched the voice mail options but found no information on it.

Thanks

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I recall this issue being raised before, but I don't think that there was any way to change the order (I may be wrong). One of the problems with playing the oldest message first, each time, is that if you are in the habit of holding on to older messages, then you'd have to keep skipping through them to get to the most recent.

I can see that if you've been away for a couple of weeks, you would like to deal with those calls that came in first, but is another few minutes (the time it takes to listen to all of the messages and prioritize) really going to make that much of a difference? Perhaps a more recent message actually warrants attention, before an older one. I tend to listen to all messages, make a quick note, and then decide which is most important.

3. feelyou

I have the same problem voicemail also

4. AndreasP_3CX

AndreasP_3CX New Member
    3CX Support

The options that you have in this case are 2:
    1) from the handset you can skip to the last message and using the menu options go for read previous message to come back from the oldest one to the newest one (that means that you have to skip with the read next message option to go to the last one quickly and then come back) or
    2)Use the 3CX MyPhone console, log in, go to the voice mail and you can sort it by date and time, caller id, and even duration and then play back the messages

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.