• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

voicemail password requirements ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

3cxUsers

Reaction score
Employees keep changing their voicemail password to be equal to their extension number, therefore 3CX "Extensions" webpage displays these extensions in RED.

Is there any type of voicemail password requirements rule I can edit so if someone tries to make the password equal to their extension it will NOT allow it ?

Not that I've heard of, but sound like something that should be submitted to the 3CX Ideas. You should remind users that anyone else can access their voice-mail if they guess the password.

I requested this once and it was closed as "The extension will turn red if the password is not sufficient".
That only works if I am sitting there monitoring it every day.

This seems like an easy "if password = extension, then do NOT allow saving" programming change.

Any idea how we can get 3CX to actually do it ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Steffen Ekerdt
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.