• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail playback adds "and" before number

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajcke

Customer
Reaction score
Since we upgraded to 15.5, when voicemail plays back the system prompt sounds like this: "Message from and 1555...." Is there a way to get rid of the "and"?

Hello @ajcke

Can you please tell me what prompts you are using so i can try to replicate the issue on my side? Also what PBX version are you on?
You can see the exact build number on the dashboard next to the licence tab.

Version 15.5.5
Hello @ajcke
Can you please tell me what prompts you are using...?
How can I get this info? I don't think I'm using anything other than the default prompts.

Please navigate to settings / System prompts and click on manage Prompts sets. A window will pop up which will tell you the Active prompt set.
From the System Prompt settings menu you can also see if there are any updates for your prompt set and you can also download prompt sets for different languages from the updates section.

A media service and an IVR service restart might be required for the new prompts to be loaded so you could try that. I have the exact same prompt set and i cannot replicate the issue. Try leaving a voicemail from a different extension and see if the "and" is also present there.

It only occurs when the VM is placed from an external call. Internal calls do not play the "and" before the phone number playback.

What format Caller ID are you receiving external numbers? Prefix? You might have to check the Activity Log. Perhaps there is a character, being sent, that does not show on the displays, but is still being detected by 3CX. Did you do any CID formatting?

Ahh, You are onto something. All external calls display in the log with a + symbol in front. What would cause that? No CID rules are in the system. Only DID.

So your provider is sending a plus (or "and"), as a prefix "digit"? Perhaps by reformatting the CID, you can remove, or prefix with something "usable".

Or...your provider might be able to remove this, if asked.

Please note that it is the + sign that causes this and we are currently looking into this. Thank you for reporting.

Reactions: YiannisH_3CX
Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.