Voicemail Problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by barrysmartit, Feb 5, 2008.

1. barrysmartit

Hi All,

I'm demoing a system for a client and its not going smoothly.

I've got 2 SPA 3102's configured for dialing inbound only.

If I place a call and disconnect before anyone answers the analogue line drops.

If I place a call and someone answers then we both drop the line the analogue line drops.

If I place a call and it goes to voice mail and drop the line the analogue line stays open for about 2 minutes.

Also, the Voicemail doesn't always email a notification.

If I enable PSTN Long Silence it disconnects but it also disconnects if the person on the PSTN side doesn't say anything for 30 seconds which is no good really.

I'm in the UK.

If you want to see my SPA config i'll email it to you because no matter what I call it it wont upload to the forum.

Any suggestions?

2. jantoney

Hey..

there are two issues here...
    This is more than likely due to the fact that your 'Disconnect Tone' ont he SPA3102 is prob not set right
    I will try find the correct code for the UK and upload...

This is the second issue.
    Are there certain conditions where the email is not sent. Eg if you dont talk or you talk and leave a message that is less than 2 secs.. for example?

3. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

My first suggestion is to use a business grade Gateway, Patton, audiocodes or else Grandstream.

Other then that Jay is right, this requires UK call progress tone settings and you need to contact Linksys for those.

4. jantoney