Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Voicemail Problem

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by malcm, Jul 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. malcm

Since upgrading to v6 I no longer get email notification of voicemail, setting are all correct.

Anybody else having this problem since upgrading?

2. malcm

It used to work great on 5 but now nothing, have even tried swapping to other mailservers but still nothing so I can only assume they are not being sent from 3CX

3. francesco

francesco New Member

i'm have V6.0.664 and is ok.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

malcm,

Does your SMTP server require authentication?

If not, please do not enter any credentials and vice versa.

5. Cjay

Cjay New Member

I too have just enabled email on V6 (664) and find that it is not working (worked fine on previous version). In my case I have taken a Wireshark capture and can see that the 3cx server is trying to send the mail notification but I see checksum errors on the outgoing packets heading to my ISP's SMTP server and the response from the SMTP server 'Syntactically invalid HELO argument(s)'.

Is this topic still under investigation?

Regds,
    Chris

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Hi there. For this, we need to debug, ticket-style.

To get technical support on this one, you can contact our technical support (This requires commercial edition with support package). If you have a commercial edition, but no support package, you can purchase one here:

https://erp.3cx.com/orderform/support.aspx

7. Cjay

Cjay New Member

Keith,
    Thanks for the reply. As a relatively long-time 'home' user this is not a critical issue to me (I can use my analogue answering machine!) so I shan't pursue the support option. I flagged it because when I was testing it today I spotted the problem which is consistent with reports from other users. As a good 3cx citizen I just want to make sure that you folks are able to develop the best product possible!

Regards,
    Chris

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.