voicemail prompt

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sohc, Mar 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sohc

I'd like to modify the default 3CX promptset. I just want to remove the option where it says "Press # to contact the operator".

Anyone can shed a light on this?

Thanks!

2. carolinainnovative

There are two basic ways to do it. One is modifying existing prompt sets, which can be problematic because they can get overwritten by a later update, or by copying the prompt set and creating your own.

See basic instructions here:
    http://www.3cx.com/blog/docs/localize-promptsets/

If you were basically happy with the UK English prompt set, use it as a starting point. The particular prompt you're looking for is probably "RECYAMSG" - which in the UK English set says "Record your message and press hash or press star to contact the operator," but you'll have to go through the various prompts and make sure you find the one you want. You can find them all under Settings -> System Prompts

Enjoy!

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When callers reach my voicemail they are not given this option. Have you tested it once an outgoing message has been recorded? It's been a long time since I first set-up the mailbox (a few 3CX versions ago), but I don't recall doing anything to specifically turn off that option. I know that # to operator still works, because I use it for something else, but callers simply hear my outgoing message, then a tone.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.