Voicemail Question

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Lawler, Aug 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lawler

Hello,

I'm not sure if there's a solution to my problem but I hope there is.

Basically, we have multiple phone lines for different companies dialing to the same extensions. Now, for voicemail purposes, we want a voicemail that changes on depending which line the customer is calling in but it seems voicemails are based off extension. So the voicemail for one company won't work for the others.

From what I've looked at, I don't seem to see a solution but I could have overlooked some settings to get the desired outcome I am requesting.

Hope someone can help and hopefully the problem is clearly explained above.

Thanks in advance.

2. 12494

12494 Member

If I understand what you are asking - you should be able to do this with 3CX without a problem.

Presumably your lines support DID; you just need some inbound rules. This processing would happen before it rings an extension by the way. You might need to set up some phantom extensions also.

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Lawler

Yes, that was kind of my thought but the issue I foresee is having to login to these phantom extensions to receive voicemails, a minor convenience, I suppose.

4. 12494

12494 Member

Not the only way to receive vm. You can have VM sent as attachment with an email.

Allen

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.