• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lawler

Reaction score
Hello,

I'm not sure if there's a solution to my problem but I hope there is.

Basically, we have multiple phone lines for different companies dialing to the same extensions. Now, for voicemail purposes, we want a voicemail that changes on depending which line the customer is calling in but it seems voicemails are based off extension. So the voicemail for one company won't work for the others.

From what I've looked at, I don't seem to see a solution but I could have overlooked some settings to get the desired outcome I am requesting.

Hope someone can help and hopefully the problem is clearly explained above.

Thanks in advance.

If I understand what you are asking - you should be able to do this with 3CX without a problem.

Presumably your lines support DID; you just need some inbound rules. This processing would happen before it rings an extension by the way. You might need to set up some phantom extensions also.

Allen

12494 said:
If I understand what you are asking - you should be able to do this with 3CX without a problem.

Presumably your lines support DID; you just need some inbound rules. This processing would happen before it rings an extension by the way. You might need to set up some phantom extensions also.

Allen

Yes, that was kind of my thought but the issue I foresee is having to login to these phantom extensions to receive voicemails, a minor convenience, I suppose.

Yes, that was kind of my thought but the issue I foresee is having to login to these phantom extensions to receive voicemails, a minor convenience, I suppose.

Not the only way to receive vm. You can have VM sent as attachment with an email.

Allen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickWinker
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.