• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Voicemail Read date/time for Different Time Zones

Status
Not open for further replies.

ntnetzeband

Reaction score
We have users from all over the US (therefore in different time zones) connect to one 3CX server on the west coast.

Is there any way to make the voicemail timestamp that is read say the appropriate time zone. The time zone is correctly configured under phone provisioning for all extensions.

Thanks.

I think the only way to get the right timestamp would be to send it as an email...
Then you have that info on the email header.
But I am assuming the timestamp within the email would be server time as well.

this is a very good suggestion however. I would put it into the IDEAS forum.

My understanding was, and I may be wrong, is that the voicemail time stamp is based on the time set at the server and not by the time at the extension location. In some cases, an extension could appear on multiple sets in different time zones, or, you (and your Android, or iOs App) may be in different times zones on a regular basis. Which one is to be used?

Reactions: craigreilly
You would have to set the user/extension "home time zone" - maybe it would be in the extension voicemail tab...
I'm surprised this hasn't come up before... perhaps most users use "voicemail to email" option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.