Voicemail Read date/time for Different Time Zones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ntnetzeband, Apr 5, 2018.

1. ntnetzeband

We have users from all over the US (therefore in different time zones) connect to one 3CX server on the west coast.

Is there any way to make the voicemail timestamp that is read say the appropriate time zone. The time zone is correctly configured under phone provisioning for all extensions.

Thanks.

2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I think the only way to get the right timestamp would be to send it as an email...
    Then you have that info on the email header.
    But I am assuming the timestamp within the email would be server time as well.

this is a very good suggestion however. I would put it into the IDEAS forum.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

My understanding was, and I may be wrong, is that the voicemail time stamp is based on the time set at the server and not by the time at the extension location. In some cases, an extension could appear on multiple sets in different time zones, or, you (and your Android, or iOs App) may be in different times zones on a regular basis. Which one is to be used?

craigreilly likes this.
  4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

You would have to set the user/extension "home time zone" - maybe it would be in the extension voicemail tab...
    I'm surprised this hasn't come up before... perhaps most users use "voicemail to email" option.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...