Voicemail recording format

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by carolinainnovative, Sep 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. carolinainnovative

Hello folks -

I just upgraded one of my customers to v14 last night. Everything went smoothly except for one thing -

It seems the voicemail wav files will no longer play directly from, say, Google Apps or on an android phone. You have to download them and then play.

Did something change with the way the WAV file was encoded or something? Any thoughts on how to fix it? Thus customer is hopping mad because it now takes them several extra clicks or taps to listen to a voicemail.

2. carolinainnovative

Yeah, support confirmed they changed the vm storage and transmission format. Unfortunately, that means the web gmail client in Chrome no longer plays them without downloading them first, and (at least) some android phones won't play them natively.

I'm hoping some other people complain about this.... maybe we can get a fix put in... I'm getting yelled at.

3. carolinainnovative

You'll have to remind me - what was the MOH service functionality, specifically? MOH itself still works... was the MOH Audio Service where you could specify a playlist in a folder and have it cycle through?

Now, I guess, you're just limited to 8-10 specific recordings, which it could cycle through...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.