Voicemail recordings sent by email are too soft (low volume)

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by mcbsys, Aug 17, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

Just installed 3CX 9.13545 Free and applied Service Pack 1.

Accepting inbound PSTN through a Linksys 3102 with software version 5.1.10(GW).

Digital desk phone is a Polycom IP 430.

When I play back voicemail on the Polycom, volume is acceptable.

When I play back voicemail that is sent as an attachment to email, volume is very low. Usually my PC speakers are set to 5. I have to set to 9 or 10 to hear the voicemail. Then the next sound the PC makes almost knocks me out of my chair ;).

How can I increase the volume/gain on the voicemail wav files that are attached to email?

Thanks,

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. rrable

I'm not sure if this is related but after hours we forward our calls throught and unregistered extension to an answering service. They go out through a paxton 4114 Pots line. The answering service has be complaining to us about very low volum on the forwarded call.

3. mcbsys

mcbsys New Member

I've been able to increase the overall volume by setting "PSTN To SPA Gain" to 5 on the SPA 3102. It remains to be seen if that causes echo problems.

Sure seems like there ought to be a way to control volume (gain) within 3CX when the audio is under 3CX control, as when recording voicemail.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.