Voicemail Retrieval Problem - SPA 921

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zooble, Jul 29, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zooble

Hi All,
    I am configuring an external Cisco SPA 921 phone to my 3cx system, I’ve followed the documentation for handset configuration using my external IP of the 3CX System. Everything works great except for dialling voicemail? , internal extension calls work fine and incoming calls etc ...it just seems to be when dialling voicemail which in my case is 2480 instead of the default 999, i dial the number and then effectively nothing happens? - I configured the 3CX softphone from the same location and voicemail work without any problems using Tunnelling.

Any advice would be greatly received, :cry:

Thanks in advance,
    Tim

2. zooble

Hi all, still need advice on this if anyone can help :cry:

3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Do the 3CX system logs show the call being presented to the PBX?

4. zooble

Hi thanks, it appears that i have further configuration issues - sure i've missed something! the call logs in the activity log and once terminated gives the following error:-

16:11:08.765 [MS105000] C:16.1: No RTP packets were received:remoteAddr=80.xxx.xx.xx:1294,extAddr=91.xx.xxx.xxx:9034,localAddr=91.xx.xxx.xxx:9034

Additionally to my initial post although able to initiate calls i.e. rings third part and rings locally, neither end can hear anything - the same error above is displayed in the call.

Any ideas?

Thanks again
    Tim

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

So, this phone is at a remote location, not on the same LAN as the 3CX? Have you got all of the necessary ports forwarded in the local router to the 3CX IP, that is usually the cause of "no audio" problems? Do you have STUN enabled on the SPA-921?

6. zooble

yes the handset is a remote handset, I’ve checked the firewall at the local 3CX end and i didn't have UDP ports 9000-9049 for RTP and have added and enable STUN to see if this made a difference but it's still not working? As this is the first handset I’ve setup in this scenario - I’m sure it's a miss configuration on my part :-(

Thanks again for your help,
    Tim

7. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The 3CX system logs should give you something to go on, especially during the registration attempt by the 921 and during call setup (both ways).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.