Voicemail sending email constantly

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by nacnud, Feb 20, 2007.

1. nacnud

Hi Guys

Just installed the latest release and it is working great.
    I just have one problem with the voicemail email notifications

The Voicemail server keeps sending me a notification every 5-10 minutes of the same vmail

I went and deleted the voicemail through menu 999 and i am still getting the emails coming through.

Has anyone else had this problem?

Does anyone know how i can rectify this problem?

Thanks
    Chris

Keep up the good work :)

2. Alexander

Hi Chris !

Can you please send me the '<3CX PhoneSystem folder>\Data\Logs\VoiceBoxManager.log' file ?

Looks like e-mail server returns some kind of error and Voice Box Manager service tries to resend the notification each 5 minutes.

Tnanks for your help :)

3. deGuile

I'm am also experiencing the same errors. The emailed-voicemail repeats the same message every 5min. We end up with hundred's of repeated messages, and new ones are blocked from coming in.

Is there any way to flush the error so that the mesage doesn't repeat?
    Or limit the retry to a specified amount.

The internal mailserver is Desknow , not MS smtp virtual server.

Partial voicemail logs:
    15:20:03.625|1170|.\DBAccessor.cpp(118):CDBAccessor::Connect(), Database connect string [dbname=phonesystem port=5480 user=phonesystem password=EF11C93F-3E70-4D6E-A2C9-AC87944EC028]
    15:20:03.703|1170|.\DBAccessor.cpp(157):CDBAccessor::Connect(), Database connection success
    18:39:34.140|10a0|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(560):CTaskSendNotify::SendNotify(), Error! Failed to send SMTP message, response: , error: Response getting timeout
    18:39:34.468|10a0|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(729):CTaskSendNotify::Execute(), Error! Cannot send notification
    18:39:34.468|10a0|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(831):CTasksProcessor::CTaskProcThread::Run(), Error! Task processing error
    18:44:46.187|1170|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(560):CTaskSendNotify::SendNotify(), Error! Failed to send SMTP message, response: , error: Response getting timeout
    18:44:46.625|1170|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(729):CTaskSendNotify::Execute(), Error! Cannot send notification
    18:44:46.625|1170|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(831):CTasksProcessor::CTaskProcThread::Run(), Error! Task processing error
    18:49:58.343|1170|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(560):CTaskSendNotify::SendNotify(), Error! Failed to send SMTP message, response: , error: Response getting timeout
    18:49:58.734|1170|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(729):CTaskSendNotify::Execute(), Error! Cannot send notification
    18:49:58.734|1170|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(831):CTasksProcessor::CTaskProcThread::Run(), Error! Task processing error
    18:55:10.468|1098|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(560):CTaskSendNotify::SendNotify(), Error! Failed to send SMTP message, response: , error: Response getting timeout
    18:55:11.125|1098|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(729):CTaskSendNotify::Execute(), Error! Cannot send notification
    18:55:11.125|1098|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(831):CTasksProcessor::CTaskProcThread::Run(), Error! Task processing error
    19:00:22.843|1170|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(560):CTaskSendNotify::SendNotify(), Error! Failed to send SMTP message, response: , error: Response getting timeout
    19:00:24.546|1170|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(729):CTaskSendNotify::Execute(), Error! Cannot send notification
    19:00:24.546|1170|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(831):CTasksProcessor::CTaskProcThread::Run(), Error! Task processing error
    19:05:36.281|1098|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(560):CTaskSendNotify::SendNotify(), Error! Failed to send SMTP message, response: , error: Response getting timeout
    19:05:36.593|1098|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(729):CTaskSendNotify::Execute(), Error! Cannot send notification
    19:05:36.593|1098|.\TasksProcessor.cpp(831):CTasksProcessor::CTaskProcThread::Run(), Error! Task processing error

Thanks for any assistance.
    deGuile

4. Alexander

Hi deGuile !

It's strange that Voicemail Service cannot get response (after notification sending) from your SMTP server during 10 seconds (it's the default value for the notification sending timeout).

Try to increase this timeout withing the 3CXPhoneSystem.ini file (resides in the directory of services) as shown below:

[VoiceMail]
    mailSendingTimeout=30

The "mailSendingTimeout" value defines the notification sending timeout in seconds. As I said the default value for this timeout is 10 seconds

5. deGuile

Thanks for reply & suggestion.

I checked the 3cxPhoneSystem.ini fle & found the following:
    -----------------------
    [VoiceMail]
    ivrStartTimeout=30000
    -----------------------

I will add your suggested :
    "mailSendingTimeout=30"

after the "ivrStartTimeout=30000"
    and report the results.

Also a correction, the server sends email out directly to the ISP smtp.
    Desknow is only for receiving and group mail.

Is there any way to flush this trapped error ? It has happened a few times and the only way we could eliminate it is uninstalling 3cx then reinstalling.

Thanks
    deGuile

6. Alexander

Hi deGuile !

I think the easiest and safest way to stop sending for your case is:
    1. Stop Voicemail service.
    2. Listen to the new messages (which Voicemail service tries to notify about) from Special Voice Menu (typically '999').
    3. Start Voicemail service again. It will not send notifications for messages that have been read (heard).

Instead of step 2, you can manually delete new messages from the corresponding voicemail box (or clear this mailbox). It's not safe, but it's better than to reinstall all the system.
    The voicemail box folder for an <ext> extension is '<3CX PhoneSystem folder>\Data\Ivr\Voicemail\Extensions\<ext>'

7. deGuile

Thanks for the pointer to the sending timeout.

I did not have to manually delete the wav files in the folder, the timeout change enabled all messages to be sent to the email account. We received 40 today of which 3 or 4 were the repeating ones. When I went to check the extension folder, there were no messages, so everything got flushed. We only use pstn to extension-email and have the delete messages (checked) in voicemailbox settings.

Is there a setting to increase the voicemail time for message recording?
    It seems some messages are cut off & have not finished recording.
    I think it's about 30secs now, but we could use 40-45 seconds.

This is a district school-board sportsline, so team sports scores and other info are being recorded.

Thanks so much
    deGuile

8. Alexander

Hi deGuile !

The current version of the system limits maximal duration of a recorded message by 2 minutes. There is no option which would allow to change this value. But there is a tricky walk around; you can change this value within the message recording script ('<3CX PhoneSystem>\Data\Ivr\Vxml\RecordVoicemail.php' file):

Find the following text in the file:

// Default values
    if( is_null($rp_beep) )
    $rp_beep = TRUE;
    if( is_null($rp_max_time) )
    $rp_max_time = 120;

Replace the '120' value by a value (in seconds) which you want to use as the maximal possible duration of a recorded message. Please remember that this fix works only for the current version, it may not work for future ones.